Help & Information Nearly all problems with bidding are related to download speed and latency. There is not much that can be done to improve the response time of a given Internet connection. You can, however, take steps to decrease the local load on a connection and perhaps see a bit of increased performance. If you are unable to discover or resolve the issues that are affecting your ability to bid, you should not continue to attempt to bid on the Internet. Instead, you should arrange to bid by an alternative method. If you are having trouble, please follow the tips below: 1. Ensure that your Internet connection is working properly by visiting other websites.
2. Close all web browser windows, then restart a single web browser window to login.
3. If you are using a shared Internet connection, ask the other users not to use the Internet or local network.
4. Ensure that no other software is running that may access the Internet. For example:
- Instant Messaging
- P2P File Sharing
- PC-based VOIP
If you are still having trouble:
1. Click Here to perform a test of your PC and Internet connection.
2. Make a note of the text of any error messages you see.
3. Please have your bidder number and password to hand.
4. Please call the auction team on 0300 123 3500 as soon as possible.
DO NOT CHANGE YOUR SECURITY OR PRIVACY SETTINGS.
We cannot advocate the changing of your browser settings.
The BCA Limited Internet Bidding System is a W3 compliant website, and is designed to work with a variety of operating systems and browser configurations.
The person responsible for maintaining your computer has already determined the settings that meet your needs.